An Inexpensive Family Vacation is a dream for everyone. Planning a budget family vacation is not that difficult. All that you need is little forethought and patience.
These tips may be of help to some of you.
Plan to take your family for a vacation during off season. It will help
you to save money as well as you can enjoy your vacation without much
crowd. It will be less crowded during that time unlike in the holiday season. During this season, your travel expenses would be minimum.
2. Search the internet to collect as much
information as possible about the places of attractions. hotels,
flights, or trains or buses, whichever you are planning for your mode of
travel. Since all the information is easily available on the net it would be foolish to embark on a vacation with your family without collecting all the required information.
3. Though you can find plenty of information on the net, investing in a good guide book like Lonely Planet is worth. You can find ample information including tips about the place you are planning to travel.
4. If you are not pressed too much for time choose to travel by train, if available to your choice of destination. A train travel provides you with more opportunities to enjoy the place and to interact with the locals. More over it is cheaper than flights to enjoy a wonderful inexpensive family vacation.
5. Stock food as much as you can which would stay for few days like cookies, dry fruits etc. It will help you to eat at the busy and expensive hotels near your destination. It not only saves your money you will also get more time to see more attractions. Otherwise, visiting a budget hotel in the beginning of your vacation, would take much of your time. Water bottles can also be carried with you at the time of leaving your home, so that you can save on some money buying from outside, in the beginning for your vacation. Once your stock is over you will have no choice, but to buy from outside.
6. While looking for the accommodation, try to find a friend's or relative's family who would be glad to accommodate you and your family. Remember, you too would be offering to accommodate them when they visit your city. It would be helpful mutually.
7. If you can't such an accommodation you should book your accommodation in a budget hotel well in advance. There would be many hotels offering discount if booked early.
Disclaimer – We have included a few handy little affiliate links in case any of our readers want to book accommodations. We receive a small commission for any sales made, without any additional cost to you, our dear reader.
Check out this mini guide.
|Visiting Kerala, India?
Check out this mini guide.
A Christmas in Scotland - A Travel Memoir